A R I E L P I N G A U L T
Kent State University fashion design graduate with a minor in marketing focusing in economics. Studied at the university’s New York City studio and the Paris-American-Aacademy. Internship experience at menswear company, ISAORA and bridal boutique, A Bride’s Design. Recently awarded graduate certification by the Council of Fashion Designers of America. Currently working as a womenswear and headwear technical designer at J. America Team License Group.
E X P E R I E N C E
J. AMERICA. Technical Designer June 2015 - Present
- Reports to senior technical designers and creates tech packs for both headwear and womenswear lines through PLM design software.
- Uses the Adobe Suite to edit and define technical illustrations and communicates with overseas factories daily about fabric and trim quality.
- Solved headwear tracking problems by developing a headwear database and tracking library to create streamline development.
- Responsible for approving and designing apparel and headwear labels for mass production.
- Responsible for scheduling and directing factory sample review meetings between tech, design and merchandising teams.
J. AMERICA. Sales, Merchandising & Administrative Assistant January - May 2015
- Scheduled and coordinated meetings, appointments and travel arrangements for head of merchandising while compiling resultant expense reports.
- Created competitive analysis spreadsheets, inspiration boards as well as applied market research to line direction presentations.
- Updated product life cycle Excel charts on a regular basis.
- Prepared apparel and headwear costing documents for sales meetings.
- Assisted in building the sales seasonal catalogues.
A BRIDE’S DESIGN, Design Intern May - August 2013
- Collaborated with head designer to design and alter bridal gowns, bridesmaids dresses, mother-of-the-bride dresses, as well as baptismal gowns and flower girl
- Fit customers to garments as well as assisted in sales.
- Assisted with 2 Laura Lynn Collection photo shoots. Duties included sewing the gowns, working on sets, backdrops, props, finding locations, and choosing
- Designed marketing campaigns to advertise company merchandise and events.
ISAORA, Design Intern. August - December 2012
- Designed technical flats and updated tech packs for spring 2014 line.
- Attended showrooms and factories to oversee production and pick up fabric and trim supplies, as well as stock to ship to customers.
- Designed displays for showroom.
- Prepared garments and trims for overseas production.
- Handled product inventory information entry on company database.
- Researched and sourced fabrics making regular updates to sample fabric inventory.
E D U C A T I O N
Kent State University
- Class of 2014
The Paris-American Academy
- Summer 2012
Kent State NYC Studio
- Fall 2012
H O N O R S / A W A R D S
- CFDA Certied Graduate 2014
- Kent State NYC Portfolio Showcase Senior
- Kent State Annual Fashion Show Designer 2014
- Kent Fashion Week President 2014
- Habitat for Humanity Kent State Fashion Show Judge
- Kent State Fashion School Invited Speaker
S K I L L S
- Procient in the Adobe Suite, Excel, PLM Software, Kaledo Print, Knit and Weave.
- Flat pattern/draping skills
- Skilled in print/pattern design
- Extreme attention to detail
- Works clearly and concisely